Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Travels

Right now I barely have any energy to write – I left Logan Airport in Boston, yesterday at 3:45pm and since that time I have only gotten about two hours of sleep.

(It’s 3:40pm in France - 9:41am back in MA.)

Unfortunately, the whole traveling experience was rather rough so I didn’t really get a chance to take many pictures. However, I’ll post the ones that I did take and give a short account of the rest of my travels.

After rushing to check in our bags at Logan and running to the gate in time to board the plane, my Dad and I started out our trip with a flight to good old Philly where we were to pick up our plane to France.

As our luck would have it, we weren’t seated right next to each other and I was rather nervous about whom I was going to get stuck sitting next to for the next hour. My seat buddy, who was even later than us boarding the plane, ended up being a fellow UMass student named Brandon. Ironically, he was also headed to France, though not for the same reason as me. He was going to stay in a hostel and go sightseeing – by himself. Personally, I would never have any desire to go on a vacation like that by myself but to-each-his-own. My Dad ended up sighting next to a not-so-chatty woman who was heading to Italy to see her brother. (not that any of you care, but I figured I’d throw that in there)

Down in PA, we barely had anytime to get from one gate to the next. I had hoped to get a taste of one of those famous Philly cheese steaks but, with only 10 minutes to grab food I settled for a chicken stromboli. Our flight to France was smooth and not very interesting.

The airport, however, was hoot and a holler.
As we we waited for our luggage, we saw a French airport-worker driving a line of luggage carts to return them to their spot (kind of like they do at target to bring the carriages in).
Well there was this older man standing there with a luggage cart waiting to get his bags and, appartently, he was in French guys way.
So in typical French fashion, the french guy start beeping the horn to his little car but the old man didnt move - SO HE HIT HIM!!! I found it amusing. The French man didn’t even appologize.

Anway, after collecting our bags, we headed of to find the hotel. We ended up having to take the subway into Paris, which was rather difficult with all our stuff. (There were no escalators or elevators)
All in all, we made it to the hotel in one piece.



Me and my Dad on the train into Paris.









Our Hotel - not much to write home about.


Our tiny hotel room. At first i was shocked at how small it was - now i think it's kind of cute.


Ted made himself at home on my bed. Just a note - there are no screens on the windows in Paris!! So be careful when leaning your teddy bears near them. (Luckily, Ted didn't fall out)

3 comments:

MM said...

At least there was no false advertising .... when they called it the "Little Hotel" they weren't kidding (and in English no less!) Heard you'll be moving to nicer digs ... always better to be moving up! Reassuring to know things are working out ... looking forward to the next story ...

kate said...

oh ted... i'm sure he'll fall out a window at some point due to lack of attention by his care taker haha

Lyndsey said...

I would never do that to Ted.
Luckily, there's no meanies here who would hold him out a window. *cough* kate *cough*