Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 2 Cont. - Montmartre

August 20th, 2008:

Le Sacré-Cœur is located in the district of Montmartre - aka: the red light district. Thus, we decided to walk down the streets at dusk and get a peek at the nightlife scene. We saw some, umm, interesting things...

The Moulin Rouge is only cool because of the movie. There's nothing too exciting about it now.

All the shops had such creative names. *sarcasm*

I had to put this up here because I have the poster "Tournée du Chat Noir" in my bedroom.

Figurines!


Amusing Chair. Yes, those are tongues.

I thought this was cute... two lovebirds in front of the love shop : )

Some kids playing on an air vent. They were throwing their sweatshirts and watching the air from the vent blow them up.

My dad on the vent. Macho? lol.

Hilarious. Music anyone?


We ended the night at a café called L'Ecrin. There we learned that we had been tipping everyone too much. I had a feeling that waiters/waitresses don't get tipped 20% in France like they do back home but I wasn't sure so i asked a girl who was sitting near us. She confirmed my assumption and told us that the servers get a good sallary so you only have to pay them a dollor or so.



We also had the pleasure of eating dinner next to a pimp and two of his ladies. Dinner certainly wasn't boring.

No comments: