Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 3 - Rue de Turbigo

August 21st, 2008:

Today we woke up and walked from our hotel all the way to the Louvre. It was a long walk so, of course, I got photo happy. Here's what i saw on the way:
Eglise Saint-Elizabeth. They just finished renovating it.


Baptismal Font and a Confessional.










Here's what it used to look like. (There were signs up explaining what was done during the renovation)

All the paintings in the church were old and beautiful except for this one above the door. I found that odd.

They had fliers at Saint-Elizabeth - THE POPE IS REALLY COMING!!! I am sooo going to see him.

This says "Call-me Dave" but it's really the movie "Meet Dave" with Eddie Murphy. It's crazy how many of our movies play over here with voice-overs. I saw one last night with Cameron Diaz on the hotel movie channel - it was funny because she has such a distinct voice and the voice they chose for her totally didn't match her personality.




There is a lot of random pieces of art around Paris. This is one of them.

KFC! It reminds me of the good old U.S. of A. *sniff*

The back of the Louvre/ My dad eating ice cream.

Louvre again - side gates.

The front.

We went on a bridge across from the Louvre to take pictures and i saw a police boat sending in a diver... I wonder what they were looking for...

















A woman begging for money in front of the Louvre. There are a lot of beggers in Paris - More than I've ever seen in Boston. It's overwhelming.

No comments: