Thursday, September 11, 2008

Montparnasse et les Galeries Lafayette

September 6, 2008:

Back in high school I had a foriegn exchange student from France stay at my house for a few months.
When I came to France, I was hoping to meet up with her again but never got in contact with her. I did, however, get in contact with her old best friend who was willing to meet up for coffee on afternoon. We ended up going to a café in Montparnasse. Ahmie tagged along - we're always eager to practice our French : )
Once we had finished our drinks, we headed in to les Galeries Lafayette so my friend could pic out some sunglasses. Ahmie and I discovered some hats...
We had a photo shoot:











Oh, we are CrAzY!! We weren't the only ones messing around with everything though - their were two French girls trying hats on right next to us.

Something I felt the need to note: At Montparnasse there is a HUGEEE tower, bigger than the Eiffel Tower, which is said to have the best view of Paris. I haven't been up there yet - maybe sometime soon though.

If you want to know more about the Galleries and what they have to offer, check out their website: http://www2.galerieslafayette.com/international/goFolder.do?f=home_en&lang=en&fontLang=null

(this is their English one... they have a French one too which has much better graphics and information)

No comments: