Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mes Nouveaux Amis

August 28th, 2008:
Day 2 of Orientation - We all woke up and headed over to our program center for a 5 hour meeting.
Yeah, it sucked.

At 4:00pm, we had a scheduled "Tour en Bateau Mouche" (boat tour of Paris). I learned some things about various French monuments that I didn't know. Nothing worth mentioning at the moment, although, some of those facts might come out in later posts.
Here's a picture of the Eiffel Tower with the circle of stars from the flag of the European Union (I mentioned it in my last post).

From the boat I got some reall neat pictures of Notre Dame...
This is the Rose Window.

This is the back part of Notre Dame - Until this boat ride, I had never seen the back so i figured you guys might find it cool too. (Sorry that it's kind of blurry)

This is a famous hospital in Paris - I just think it's funny that it says "Hotel God."

Here's a picture the back of everyone's heads... I put this up because the very first guy in this pic on the right (you can only see half of him) is Jon. He's another one of my close friends - we started talking because he sat in front of me and Ahmie on this boat ride. I'll post a better pic of him later haha.

Anywayyyy... the exhilartion of the boat ride got us all pumped to go out (or something like that). However, we all disagreed on where to go.
Me and Ahmie decided to split from the group and head to the Latin quarter where we knew there were some good bars.

Here we are at bar number one.
We are doing free advertising for Bacardi and Heineken...?

Bar number two had a beach theme... There was sand on the floor and everything - How cool?!

Me and Ahmie and some guy who decided to jump into our picture.

David, the bartender, took this pic. He's the one up front point back at all of us... Those people with me and Ahmie are just some random french folks that we met.

It was definitely a fun night.

1 comment:

Mary E.Carey said...

This definitely looks like fun. How accommodating of the bartender to take the photo -- and get himself in it!